Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Individual Nutella Peanut Butter Deep Dish Cookie


I don't know about you, but I am always craving dessert. My crazy boyfriend, however, is not. So when I bake 3 dozen cookies, guess who eats them all? Yep, me. Which wouldn't be that big if a problem if I didn't consume them within 2 days by having them with breakfast, lunch and dinner. My solution? An individual cookie made in a ramekin. Problem solved!


I know its been awhile since my last post, but I promise it's for a good reason. I went back home to Eugene, Oregon to surprise one of my best friend's Holly. Her and one of my other best friend's Kirty did the same for me this last fall and it was amazing. As wonderful as it was to be surprised, it was absolutely amazing to be the one doing the surprising. Holly had no idea and said a lot of happy curse words when she found me sitting on her couch when she got home from work. Anyway, I have some travel photos to share before I get back to the delicious cookie. 

Here's part of the Grand Canyon.


Several mountains just south of Portland.


The thick fog once we finally landed in Eugene.


I couldn't NOT post the Portland airport carpet.


As well as the Eugene airport carpet. They make me smile whenever I come home.


Here's the foggy view from Silvan Ridge Winery.


We spent the day drinking delicious wine and playing games. Don't mind our new friends who decided to join in the picture in the background.


My friend Kirty lives VERY close to the Tillamook cheese factory, so I made her bring me some cheese curds. YUM!


Back to cookies!!! I promise this is an easy recipe, I just might start making this daily...well maybe weekly. You need one small bowl. First combine softened butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add the salt, baking soda and flour and continue to mix. Stir in the peanut butter chips then pour into a small ramekin. Add the Nutella and swirl it into the batter with a butter knife. Press the dough down and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-18 minutes. That's it!


I'm hoping to play around with the recipe and bring you some more individual cookie recipes.


What's your favorite kind of cookie?


Individual Nutella Peanut Butter Deep Dish Cookie
2 tablespoons butter or butter spread
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Few drops of vanilla
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons peanut butter chips
1 tablespoon Nutella

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix butter, vanilla, sugar and brown sugar together until smooth. Add salt, baking soda and flour and mix until combined. Stir in chips. Transfer to a small ramekin. Add Nutella to the center, swirl through the dough with a butter knife. Pat the dough back down into the ramekin. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Serve with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment