Sunday, January 12, 2014

Fig, Mozzarella, Prosciutto and Basil Pizza


Hello, my name is Danielle, and I love pizza. I know the first step is admitting your problem. I could eat pizza most days, breakfast, lunch or dinner. I love anywhere from the frozen (I know, not the best) to the fancy Italian restaurant pizzas. So it's no big surprise to find out that Dan and I have pizza on a regular basis, as do most people I assume. 

I was going to try out making my own pizza dough, but maybe in a future post. I like to use some form of flat bread to make individual size pizzas. I took the fancier route and made a fib, mozzarella, prosciutto and basil pizza. And guess what, it was so yummy!


If you can't find fig butter/spread, just a regular tomato sauce would work as well, but this fig spread is so good! I found mine at Trader Joe's and have been trying to find ways to use it before I just start scooping it out of the jar and eating it. Spread the fig butter over the flat bread.


Slice some fresh mozzarella and pat as much liquid as you can out with a paper towel. Fresh mozzarella is a lot juicier than that hard string cheese mozzarella.


Top with prosciutto (another thing I can just eat by itself, yum!).


The basil is up to you when you want to add it. I added mine before baking, but it is equally delicious after baking if you want the herb fresh.


Pop into a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until golden on the bottom and slightly crisp on the top. Enjoy!


Feel free to play around with the toppings and find your favorite creation. What's your favorite kind of pizza?


Fig, Mozzarella, Prosciutto & Basil Pizza
Flat bread
Fig butter/spread
Fresh mozzarella
Prosciutto
Fresh Basil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread fig butter over flat bread. Slice the mozzarella and pat with a paper towel to remove excess liquid. Top mozzarella, prosciutto and basil onto the flat bread. Feel free to add basil before or after baking. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment