Friday, April 25, 2014

Chinese Lettuce Wraps


I just realized that I have posted 50 blog posts! How fitting is it that my 50th post was being featured on another website. I can't believe I've already done this many recipes. Thanks for following and hopefully tryig out some of these recipes for yourself.

I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I ate at PF Chang's, but I do remember LOVING their lettuce wraps. I also remember loving that you can get shot glass size desserts, just enough to satisfy that sweet craving. The desserts will have to wait for another post, but today I made some Chinese Lettuce Wraps.


You can customize this recipe a ton to fit your taste preferences with different ground meat and different vegetables. I used ground turkey, but ground chicken works great too. Once again since I'm cooking for my picky boyfriend and myself I had to get creative. Dan only wanted the meat, sauce, cashews and garlic in his. I sautéed zucchini and onions to add to my half. Chop up what ever vegetables you want in your lettuce wrap into very small pieces.


I sautéed my onions and zucchini in a separate pan and set aside. If you are adding this to the entire dish you can add the vegetables after the meat is cooked.


After fully cooking the ground turkey over medium-high heat with a little bit of vegetable oil, add the garlic and chopped cashews. Cook for a few more minutes.


Stir in 1/4 cup hoisen sauce, 1-2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (depending on how spicy you want it) and a tablespoon of soy sauce.


I then just divided half of the meat mixture and added it to the pan with the sauted vegetables.


Serve in a lettuce leaf and enjoy this healthy and easy dish.


What's your favorite dish at PF Chang's?


Chinese Lettuce Wraps
1 pound ground turkey or chicken
1 head of romaine
3-5 gloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 cup cashews, chopped
1/4 cup hoisen sauce
1-2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 chopped vegetables of choice

Chop all vegetables and cashews into small pieces. (If only adding vegetables to a portion of the meat, saute those in a separate pan first until desired doneness.) Bring pan to medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and add ground meat. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until fully cooked. Add garlic, cashews and vegetables and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Stir in hoisen sauce, sweet chili sauce and soy sauce. Serve in romaine leaves and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment