Saturday, January 4, 2014

Meal Planner (free template)

I don't know about you, but I tend to get stuck in a rut sometimes on what to eat. Dan and I either wait until we're starving to figure out what to eat (which usually ends in ordering food or going out) or we feel like we have the same thing every night.

Awhile ago we started making a menu for each week. It helped us eat healthier, save money and not waste food. We usually plan on having the same meal twice in a week, which really cuts down on ingredients needed. We also try to make meals that use some of the same ingredients.

As for keeping meals fresh and not eating the same things every week, I also created a list of dinners we have. Our list has about 30 different meal ideas. So each week when we create the menu for the week, if we can't think of what to have, we can simply look over a long list of ideas. I continue to add to this list whenever we find a new favorite recipe.

    
I created a free template you can download here. The first page has the dinner menu and a place to list lunch and snack ideas. This page can be laminated so you can change the menu weekly. For me, lunch and snack ideas don't change very often, so I would write those in before laminating personally. The second page is the long list of dinner ideas for you to have on hand and add to. This page is one you might be adding to, so I would leave it as is to write on.

I hope you enjoy the template and that it's as useful to you as it is for me.


1 comment:

  1. You did it! I love the idea of having a list of go to meal ideas. Genius!

    ReplyDelete